*Amethyst & Tourmaline Pillow sold separately
Carry case and waterproof cover included with every Biomat Professional purchase.
Unlike an electric blanket which uses electric coils to create heat, the Biomat uses a combination of fabrics and Amethyst stones to generate far infrared rays which is then transferred to the body as heat. The heat comes from friction generated within the body through the effects of far infrared rays. Far infrared rays warm the inside of your body and the part of your body making contact with the Biomat.
Should the temperature of any part of the Biomat exceed the set temperature, the thermal sensors distributed throughout the Biomat will cut off the electric current. When the Biomat reaches the selected temperature, the negative ion lights will come on and will stay on until the Biomat needs to raise the temperature. The Biomat comes with an external control box which allows you to adjust the desired temperature and usage time (between 2, 4, 8, or 12 hours). As an added safety feature, when the controller is set to 122°F or higher,it will automatically step down to 113°F after 4 hours.
• Far Infrared Rays – The combination of natural Amethyst and Hyron cotton layer generates far infrared rays (6-12 Microns) that the human body can easily absorb.
• Negative Ions – Natural Tourmaline and the TOCA (Tourmaline) layer generates negative ions.
• EMF – Special layers of fabric in conjunction with the Biomat EMF Interceptor effectively reduces electromagnetic waves.
Biomat Pro dimensions: 700 x 1850mm / 27.55″ x 72.83″
Net Weight: 11.5 kg / 25.35 lbs Without Controller
Electric Consumption: 180W
Voltage: AC 120/220
Performance Temperature: 35-70°C / 95-158°F
Amethyst size: 3mm – 5mm
Amethyst colour: Natural, Violet, Clear
Cut & Shape: Tumbled
Polariscope Test: D.R.
Refractive Index: 1.544-1.553
What does the Biomat EMF Interceptor Do?
The Biomat EMF Interceptor acts in the same way as a lightning rod by safely conducting the EMF energy away to the ground. With this feature, you can effectively reduce exposure to EMF for yourself and your family.
Benefits of the Biomat
Temporary relief of:
– Minor muscle pain
– Minor joint pain and stiffness
– Joint pain associated with arthritis
– Muscle spasms
– Minor sprains
– Minor strains
– Minor muscular back pain
– Relaxation of muscles
– Temporary increase of local circulation
What is Thermotherapy?
Thermotherapy is the therapeutic application of any substance to the body that adds heat to the body resulting in increased tissue temperature.(1)
Thermotherapy also increases blood flow which facilitates tissue healing by supplying protein, nutrients, and oxygen at the site of injury. Studies have shown that a 1°C increase in tissue temperature is associated with a 10% to 15% increase in local tissue metabolism.(2) The increase in tissue metabolism assists in the healing process by removing the metabolic by-products of tissue damage and provides the environment for tissue repair.
Why Use Infrared?
The circulatory system is responsible for the delivery of oxygen-rich blood and the removal of wastes.(3) Far infrared rays have been found to have a blood circulation enhancing effect in human skin and eventually induces an increase in temperature of the body tissues.(5)
Increase in Body Temperature
Studies have indicated that during thermotherapy, or hyperthermia, the body is exposed to higher temperatures which causes a significant increase in skin microcirculation, skin temperature and core temperature.(5) Inducing an artificial fever can provide benefits to your immune system as a type of immune cell, or lymphocyte, called a CD8 cytotoxic T-cell, helps destroy infected cells.(6)
Heat Shock Proteins
Heat shock proteins (HSPs), or stress proteins, are present in all organisms and all cells of all organisms.(7) Published studies have shown that exposures to environmental stress, such as heat shock, induces the body to produce HSPs that function as molecular chaperones. Molecular chaperones are a type of protein that assists in the proper folding of proteins and quality control. (8) Improper folding of proteins and damaged proteins have been reported to be the cause of a large number of diseases.(9)
Far Infrared & Circulation
Far infrared rays are part of the electromagnetic spectrum that has been studied for various health benefits. It provides warmth and relaxation similar to the energy that radiates from the sun. These rays not only benefit muscles on the surface of the body, but all cells and bodily tissues in the deepest parts of the body. The warm stimulating waves temporarily increase local circulation. This deep tissue heating relaxes the muscles and tissues surrounding the joints relieving pain and discomfort.
Negative ions, or anions, are atoms that have a greater number of electrons (-) than protons ( ), which result in a negative charge. They are abundant in natural environments such as forests, mountains, waterfalls and oceans. In a 2013 report on the effects on negative ions, studies were discussed about the positive effects of negative ions on physiological functions and human health.(10)
(1) Scott F. Nadler, Kurt Weingand, Roger J. Kruse – The physiologic basis and clinical applications of cryotherapy and thermotherapy for the pain practitioner.
(2) Get from Scott’s paper (12).
(3) American Heart Association “the circulatory system”.
(4) Dr. Inoue and Dr. Kabaya’s paper entitled “Biological activities caused by far-infrared radiation”.
(5) Berliner MN, Maurer AI: “Effect of different methods of thermotherapy on skin microcirculation.” American Journal of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation 83.4 (2004): 292-297.
(6) Mace, T. A., L. Zhong, C. Kilpatrick, E. Zynda, C.-T. Lee, M. Capitano, H. Minderman, and E. A. Repasky. “Differentiation of CD8 T Cells into Effector Cells Is Enhanced by Physiological Range Hyperthermia.” Journal of Leukocyte Biology 90.5 (2011): 951-62.
(7) Li, Z. and Srivastava, P. 2004. “Heat-Shock Proteins.” Current Protocols in Immunology. 58:1T:A.1T.1-A.1T.6.
(8) Adachi, Hiroaki, Masahisa Katsuno, Masahiro Waza, Makoto Minamiyama, Fumiaki Tanaka, and Gen Sobue.
“Heat Shock Proteins in Neurodegenerative Diseases: Pathogenic Roles and Therapeutic Implications.”
International Journal of Hyperthermia 25.8 (2009): 647-54.
(9) Chaudhuri, Tapan K., and Subhankar Paul. “Protein-misfolding Diseases and Chaperone-based Therapeutic Approaches.” FEBS Journal 273.7 (2006): 1331-349.
(10) Pino, Olimpia, and La Ragione, Francesco. “There’s Something in the Air: Empirical Evidence for the Effects of Negative Air Ions (NAI) on Psychophysiological State and Performance.” Research in Psychology and Behavioral Sciences. 1.4 (2013): 48-53.
These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Specific medical advice should be obtained from a licensed health care practitioner.