doTERRA Bergamot essential oil
doTERRA’s Bergamot (Citrus bergamia) 15mL essential oil
Bergamot is the most delicate of the citrus plants, requiring special climate and soil in order to thrive. Italians have used Bergamot for years for its calming aroma and to soothe and makes skin feel fresher and smoother. In Greece, the unripe fruits are used as sweetmeats, eaten by the spoonful as a dessert or with coffee. Bergamot is unique among citrus oils due to its ability to be both uplifting and calming to the emotions, making it ideal for diffusion. It is also clarifying and cleansing for the skin while having a calming effect.
- Calming and soothing aroma.
- Provides skin clarifying benefits.
- Frequently used in massage therapy for its calming benefits.
- Diffuse in the classroom, at work, or at home to promote a calm, relaxed environment.
- Apply to the skin while showering and inhale deeply to experience its calming aroma while enjoying its cleansing and clarifying skin benefits.
- Change regular tea to Earl Grey with the addition of Bergamot.
- Apply to the feet before bedtime or use with a carrier oil for a calming and relaxing massage.
- Add one to two drops to your DIY skin care cleanser.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of choice.
Food additive use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil to minimize any skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Aromatic Description: Citrus, spice, with a high floral note
Collection Method: Cold pressed/expressed
Plant Part: Bergamot rind (peel)
Main Constituents: Limonene, linalyl acetate