A tall, perennial plant, Lemongrass has a subtle citrus flavour and is used in Asian cuisine in soups, teas, and curries as well as with fish, poultry, beef, and seafood. In addition to its unique flavour, Lemongrass essential oil promotes an overall sense of emotional and spiritual wellbeing. It’s also clarifying and toning when applied to the skin, and is frequently used in skin care products for these benefits. Lemongrass is an ideal oil to use in massage therapy. Lemongrass has a pungent, herbaceous aroma that gives you a sense of heightened awareness and positivity.
- Refreshing and invigorating to the senses.
- Combine with a carrier oil for soothing massage.
- Apply diluted after a long run for a refreshing feeling.
- Combine a few drops of Lemongrass oil with Fractionated Coconut Oil for a massage after a hard workout.
- Use to flavour entrées and meat dishes.
- Blends well with Basil, Cardamom, or Spearmint.
- Dilute oil, then rub or spritz on skin before going outside.
Directions for Use
Aromatic Description: Citrus, herbaceous, smoky
Collection Method: Steam distillation
Plant Part: Leaf
Main Constituents: Geranial, neral