The peppermint plant is a hybrid of watermint and spearmint and was first described by Carl Linneaus in 1753. A high menthol content—like that found in the doTERRA Peppermint essential oil—distinguishes the best quality Peppermint from other products. Peppermint is frequently used in toothpaste and chewing gum for oral hygiene. Peppermint continues to be one of the best-selling favourites among doTERRA essential oils.
- Diffuse for a clear crisp scent in the air.
- Invigorating to the senses promoting an uplifted cheery feeling.
- Use a drop of Peppermint with Lemon in water for a refreshing mouth rinse.
- Add a drop to your favorite smoothie recipe for a refreshing twist.
- Place one drop in palm of hand with one drop Wild Orange and one drop Frankincense and inhale for a midday pick-me-up.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of choice.
Food additive use: Dilute one drop in 120 mL or 1/2 cup of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil to minimise any skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
Aromatic Description: Minty, fresh, herbaceous
Collection Method: Steam Distillation
Plant Part: Leaf/Stem
Main Constituents: Menthol, Menthone, Eucalyptol